1. I address that in the next chapter
2. That’s my style
3. But it really happened
4. But my (husband, wife, mother, infant, dog, psychic advisor) liked it.
5. I’m just writing for myself anyway
6. But (Hemmingway, Stephen King, e.e. cummings, Toni Morrison) did it and they got published.
7. That’s what I meant, really
8. I know the beginning is slow, but it gets really good after page 57.
9. I don’t care if it’s wrong, I’m leaving it.
10. That’s my editor’s job
“5. I’m just writing for myself anyway.”
I say that one all the time hahaha. I suppose it’s half true.
Good insight. But even if you’re writing for yourself, you gotta tell yourself the truth–in a stylish, articulate way.
Funny thing–writers all around the world say these same things. (Different languages, of course.) Good luck with all your writing projects. Let me know if I can help.